Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Tiger Jaw



My tiger jaw cactus just bloomed, and as I suspected the flower was yellow. Funny the things we remember from childhood. The bloom only lasts a few days so I'm glad I got a photo of it straight away.

Most of the cactus and succulent collection I got at the swap has survived. I'm nursing one that was almost destroyed by snails in 2 days flat and I lost one that just started dying the second I got it home. It's still alive but seems to die a bit each day.

So all and all to lose 2 plants out of 24 is pretty darn good.

No comments: