Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Hummingbird




I was sitting outside reading when I heard my hummingbird come back. And this time I had the camera. So now I can show you instead of nattering on about it.

2 comments:

Tongue Trip said...

that gourd is amazing, how do you do it? scoop out the mush and dry or vice versa? whats a rain stick?
you are doing a lot of wonderful things, must keep you happily busy.

Fayme Zelena Harper said...

The gourds take a year to grow and a year to dry. Then you can cut them open and clean out the fiber and seeds from the inside. It is a lot like working with wood.

A rainstick is a musical instrument that sounds like rain when turned from end to end.

Thanks for dropping by.