Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Friday, May 18, 2012

First Rose and Last Rose of Spring



Every year I take a photo of the first bloom on each of my rose bushes.  But now that the new apartment owners have ripped out all the plants in the front yard, I only have the roses in the back yard left. And those were already supposed to be gone.  But the painters have mysteriously disappeared, leaving 5 ladders in our back yard, and everything in disorder.  So I was both saddened and joyful when a purple rose bloomed. So I am calling it both the first rose and the last rose. It's gorgeous. I wish I could take it with me.
I think this would have all been less painful if it had happened in winter, and not with spring in full swing. Sigh.
Purple miniature rose.  The end of my fairy garden.


The work crew has disappeared and left five ladders in our backyard.

No comments: