Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Morning Glories

Yesterday I finally got the morning glory seedlings planted along with some bush beans.  The wind was blowing and sand kept getting in my eyes, but I had to get it done as I had soaked the seeds over night and I didn't want them to rot. I still have lots to plant but I'm running out of season and the hot weather is starting to be oppressive.

Last week I also planted coleus and snapdragons around the pepper plant containers. 

Here are some recent sunset photos. The view from my yard is stunning.

Creasote Puff Balls

Joshua Trees are native to the Lucerne Valley

Mojave layers

Pink Sun

Gorgeous Sunset

No comments: