Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Lavendar

This morning I was noticing how bushy and agressive the lavendar was getting. I was trying to think of a way to use it. I hate just trimming a plant and throwing it away. And then I remembered a beautiful art festival booth from years ago in Morro Bay, CA. The artist had taken flattened flowers and plants (botanicals) and then she had used them around a hand lettered calligraphy placque and framed it all under glass. So I trimmed and pressed some lavendar for a future project in the middle of winter. I wish I had a flower press, but phone books and paper towels work just fine. I do miss the flower press from botany class, and I know they are not too hard to make, so maybe that will be a future project too.

No comments: