Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My gardening journal

I've been fanatical about gardening ever since I was a little girl helping my parents plant roses in the base housing at Sandia Air Force Base in New Mexico. Through the years I've been faced with numerous gardening challenges and it is very rewarding for me to make things grow despite the odds. The spark of life is an amazing thing. I never tire of watching seeds sprout, observing how sunflowers turn their heads toward the sun, and the constant parade of insects that wander into my field of view.
"And I think to myself, it's a wonderful world."

No comments: