Welcome to my Gardening Blog.

In October of 2012 I moved from Anaheim CA to the Mojave Desert. So the older posts will reflect my gardening before the move, and my newer ones are after the move. Now that I have a huge yard and sandy soil (the opposite of what I had in Anaheim), I have to learn how to adapt.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Why renting sucks.

I'm in a bad mood. The new building owner sent a crew into my backyard to 'tidy things up'. In the past, our lease stated that our backyard was private, but all bets are off now that there is a new owner who wants the place to look 'manicured'. Here it is just reaching the warm part of the year and they just cut the only shade tree back to nubbins. I only blame myself for not earning enough money to be a homeowner.
Oh and did I mention they started repairing the sprinkler system in the front yard and turned off the flower bed water for 2 weeks? The pansies are about to dry up and blow away, even though I did water them once with a pitcher and 4 trips back and forth to the kitchen.
They are still raking up the back yard. They've been here five hours working around the complex.
I wouldn't be so grouchy but at 3 AM this morning our electricity got all fritzy. I'm sound asleep and all my computer equipment starts turning itself on and off. Every light in the house that was turned on was blinking. So I went outside and saw the adjoining apt complex was also blinking. I read for an hour when I heard what sounded like a police radio in my backyard. I go out there and a power company worker is one apt. over talking on a radio about how the transformer is about to go, but it's already past him to fix anything so they'll have to send another truck.
An hour later I was asleep again when the repair crew showed up. And then the electronics started beeping and chirping all over again.

So any hope I had of sleeping in on a Sat. morning was dashed when the gardeners we weren't expecting knocked on the door at 8:45 announcing they needed to be in the backyard all day working. What ever happened to 24 hours notice? Grrr!

No comments: